By far one of my favorite recipes to make with my ground turkey! You can usually see me making this at least once a month!! My favorite is the BBQ version, however, the traditional Italian is delicious too. I have not tried the other two versions yet.
The ground turkey I buy is from Costco and I believe one package is almost 2 lbs of meat. Usually when I make this I use the whole 2 lbs instead of 1lb but that is mainly because I like knowing that they are more protein packed than if I only used 1 lb. Here is the original recipe sheet, I’ll tell you below how I make them! With macros are at the bottom!
- Preheat you oven to 375 degrees
- Grab an extra large mixing bowl
- Mix together the ground turkey (1-2lbs) with 1 package of Stove Top Stuffing Mix. Add in 1 cup of water and your choice of seasoning depending on which option you want to do!
- Spray your muffin pan.
- You should be able to fill all 12 muffin cups with the mixture. Grab a handful of mixture and form it into a ball and place in the muffin pan. Mine usually are as tall as the muffin cup themselves, maybe they go a little over. Just make sure you’re able to fill all 12 cups!
- Make an indentation in the center of each ball, you can do this with the back of spoon or use your fingers since they’re already dirty! I usually do them 1/3 of the way down, big enough to add at least a tablespoon of your sauce in there.
- Spoon in your add-in sauce into each indentation. This will be about 1 tablespoon. Or you can be like me and squirt your sauce right from the bottle into each indentation.
- Bake for 30 min
- Top with your choice of cheese for the option your making. I sprinkle enough on to cover the muffin/sauce.
- Bake for 5 min or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand for 10 min before serving. It will be hot!!
I know you all probably aren’t silly cooks like me, I always seem to mess up recipes at least 3 times because making them perfect. I’ll goof up even if I have the recipe right in front of my face! Heres some tips that I’ve learned!
- Dont pre-make the stuffing! Add the uncooked stuffing right to the mixing bowl.
- Spoon the sauce of choice into the indentations of the turkey muffins before putting in the oven.
- Add the cheese after baking for 30 min and then bake again to melt the cheese.
- Don’t be afraid to make a mess.
Makes: 12 total muffins or 6 servings.
Servings: 2 muffins.
Macros/serving: 114 cal 4g protein 16.8g carbs 3.2g fat.